- High fructose corn syrup – found in soft drinks, fruit drinks, packaged foods etc.
- Hydrogenated oils/transfats – found in all packaged cakes, cookies, muffins, fast foods, restaurant food, commercial potato chips and most vitamins ( stearic acid, magnesium stearate)
- Mono Sodium Glutamate (MSG) – found in most fast foods, restaurant food, most packaged foods, potato chips, tuna fish. Can be hidden under the name of spices, natural flavors, hydrolized yeast protein, textured vegetable protein (TVP), etc.
- Sodium Nitrate – preservative found mostly in lunch meats, deli meats, hot dogs
- Refined soy – tofu, soy milk, soy cheese, soy yogurt and protein bars with soy protein isolate. These are xeno-estrogenic compounds and are hard to digest. The only healthy soy products are: miso, tempeh, natto and soy sprouts
- Refined sugar in all its forms
- Artificial sweeteners – Aspartame, Splenda, Sweet & Low, Equal, sucralose
- Sodium Chloride (commercial salt) – table salt is highly heated after extraction to take out impurities. This makes the salt toxic. Use sea salt instead
- Food colorings – used in many packaged products, cakes, farmed salmon
- Processed wheat – creates acidic blood, and for some, allergic reactions due to gluten
10 Toxins to Avoid
Food toxins in today’s modern industrialized “food age” include many food ingredients to be wary of. A hundred years ago, the following artificial additions to our food supply did not exist. Even since World War II the big agribusinesses have adulterated our food with little or no testing about the adverse health effects of many of the chemicals that are added to processed foods. The United States is suffering from an epidemic of both obesity and diabetes. These “diseases” have causes and many of them can be found in the artificial junk that is added to our food to increase shelf life and to make products cheaper. Years ago, Jack Lalanne, who lived to the ripe old age of 98, maintained a simple idea for staying healthy: “The fewer steps between the garden and your mouth, the better!” He lived to be nearly 100 years old by eliminating food toxins. So, it’s not that complicated to feed yourself. Look at the ingredients on the food you eat; the longer the list, the more food toxins! Simple stuff! Big Agribusiness is IN business to make money, not to make you healthy. Actually, some fast foods are purposefully addictive. For example, the Chinese look at foods as Ying and Yang. A perfect example of this is seen at the fast food joints and the movie theaters; sugary drinks make you hungry for salt and salty foods make you thirsty for sugar! Ingesting these extremely Ying or Yang foods is what causes our cravings. If we will simply take a step back and eat unadulterated foods, our cravings would disappear and our waistlines would naturally get thinner. Just because the US has been invaded by these chemicalized “foods,” doesn’t mean you have to go along with this most unhealthy trend. Take back your choice and eliminate, as best you can, the food toxins. Avoid the TV commercials that have hypnotized Americans into believing that these modern “foods” are the way to go and that they will “save you time.” They DON’T save you time in the long run. In the long run, a balanced diet of wholesome foods will not only add years to your life, it will also help you to avoid the plagues of diseases caused by these destructive additives. Just as the FDA finally caught up with the dangers of tobacco smoking, eventually they’ll catch up with the dangers of the number one and two worst “food” on the list, high fructose corn syrup and hydrogenated vegetable oils. These are oils that have had hydrogen gas pumped through them so as to increase the shelf life of “foods.” However, the hydrogenation process also makes these fats indigestible by humans. Here’s that list of food toxins.